Millennials are now major players in the home buying arena, according to the recent Home Buyer and Generational Trends report released by the National Association of Realtors:
1. Millennials accounted for 35% of buyers in 2015. This is up from 32% in 2014, and is the third year in a row Millennials have composed the largest group of recent buyers.
2. In 2015, the number of Millennials purchasing in an urban or central city area decreased to 17% from 21% in 2014. Suburbia-phobe? Perhaps not.
3. They have help getting their foot in the door. Twenty-three percent of Millennials used a financial gift for (or toward) their down payment.
4. An online search was the first step for 56% of Millennials, whether they were looking for properties or searching for information about the home buying process.
5. Almost 90% worked with a Realtor to buy their home.
Are you a Millennial looking for your next home? Work with an agent prepared for the changing marketplace. Find oneHERE
Source: "National Association of Realtors Home Buyer and Generational Trends Report 2016," based on a July 2015 survey of 6,406 recent home buyers who purchased a primary residence between July 2014 and June 2015.
Author:Danielle Arreguin Phone: 469-215-3960 Dated: September 21st 2016 Views: 171 About Danielle: My attention to detail and ability to communicate efficiently will help your home sell for top dolla...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Hello! At JB Real Estate group, we are passionate about helping you build stability and wealth through solid investments in real estate, either for your personal residence or for investment purposes. We also LOVE to market and SELL your existing property to maximize your return and make the process as smooth as possible for you. Give us a shout today for a relaxed conversation about your real estate goals! Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
I recently had the pleasure of doing business with the awesome team at
"My family and I just moved from Puerto Rico to Texas and decided to buy a house. Moving and home buying is a stressful process but I can honestly say that Rita made this process immensely easier for us. She listened to each of our house 'wants and needs' and put great care on showing us houses that meet our criteria. She also made recommendations about location, loan officers, insurance, etc. I can sincerely say that Rita found a house for us that met ALL of our wish list SUPER fast and we couldn't be happier. She also took care of all the paperwork and made a convoluted stressful process smooth and seamless. Rita is very professional and competent and I would recommend her in a heartbeat. If anyone is looking for a real estate agent that goes above and beyond to get you what you need, she is the perfect match.