Millennials are now major players in the home buying arena, according to the recent Home Buyer and Generational Trends report released by the National Association of Realtors:
1. Millennials accounted for 35% of buyers in 2015. This is up from 32% in 2014, and is the third year in a row Millennials have composed the largest group of recent buyers.
2. In 2015, the number of Millennials purchasing in an urban or central city area decreased to 17% from 21% in 2014. Suburbia-phobe? Perhaps not.
3. They have help getting their foot in the door. Twenty-three percent of Millennials used a financial gift for (or toward) their down payment.
4. An online search was the first step for 56% of Millennials, whether they were looking for properties or searching for information about the home buying process.
5. Almost 90% worked with a Realtor to buy their home.
Are you a Millennial looking for your next home? Work with an agent prepared for the changing marketplace. Find oneHERE
Source: "National Association of Realtors Home Buyer and Generational Trends Report 2016," based on a July 2015 survey of 6,406 recent home buyers who purchased a primary residence between July 2014 and June 2015.
Author:John Brooks Phone: 972-693-5658 Dated: September 21st 2016 Views: 179 About John: Hello! My team and I are passionate about helping people build stability and wealth through solid in...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Hello! At JB Real Estate group, we are passionate about helping you build stability and wealth through solid investments in real estate, either for your personal residence or for investment purposes. We also LOVE to market and SELL your existing property to maximize your return and make the process as smooth as possible for you. Give us a shout today for a relaxed conversation about your real estate goals! Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
Here's another relaxed conversation with JB and Summer G., where
"John is genuinely kind individual. He was first a neighbor, a friend, then my Realtor for the selling of our house in Ft Worth Tx. He is extremely knowledgeable and experienced in the realty business. His advices were in the interest of selling my house as quick as possible. He was very attentive to my needs. He even bought front and back door entry mats while we were out of state. Yes, we were trying to sell our house via long distance. John Brooks was very helpful during the whole process. He got the job done quick. You won't be disappointed if you have him on your side. I usually don't write reviews, but JB is very special guy that i would spend a few minutes to drop a few lines well worth for what he has done for us. Thank you John. You are the best!"